Friday, March 18, 2011

First Year Anniversary!

Who would have thought a year ago, that I would actually have my own blog. Always passionate about food but not very adept with computers, I'm thankful for my daughter's encouragement to take the plunge. With her at my side, I was introduced to "http", "username" and "google mail". Yes, I'm talking about rudimentary computer functions for which I had little use prior to embarking on this blogging odyssey. My darling husband picked up the torch, teaching me how to use his camera, download and upload pictures onto the computer, and "cut and paste" to my heart's content. I remain amazed at his patience and support through the whole process. To this day, his support is unrelenting and steadfast. Even when he is probably bored to tears with the thought of reading yet another recipe post, he manages to find the time to peruse the blog, providing constructive criticism when needed and words of encouragement.  It's not only family that has played an integral part in my new found passion but also you, my wonderful  friends out there, who have supported me from the beginning and motivated me to continue, especially during periods of "remise en question". I would like to toast you all as I celebrate my first anniversary, by extending a warm thank-you because this blog would not exist without you. Cheers!


 
What's a celebration without something sweet!  A look back at some of the photos from the earlier recipe posts...........


   
      





17 comments:

  1. Hi Anna, Happy Anniversary on your blog's first year! Such stunning, and gorgeous desserts you've made in the last year. I would like to get the recipes for them, so I will track back to your previous posts!
    Have a wonderful weekend:D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, COngrats on ur milestone .. Happy Anniversary /Birthday to ur blog..Wow !!! u really have such amazing collection of western recipes..Marvellous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary! The photos above are all beautiful...I love sweets best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversanry Anna! Wish you many more years of posting many more glorious recipes :)
    I am still waiting for another stunner cake for my event - http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/2011/02/announcing-second-guest-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elisabeth, thank you for your good wishes. I'm happy that you will be revisiting some old posts. Hope you enjoy the recipes. Take care.

    Busy Nest, thanks for dropping by and leaving your good wishes.

    Priya, Thanks for you anniversary wishes. I will have to check out this new event.

    Thanks Angie for you good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna,

    Congrats on your milestone. I am drooling over all the dessert recipes you have posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anna.
    What an incredible year for you. Your recipes came to life in your blog. I've learned to be more creative in my kitchen, by trying out different herbs and spices and better menu planning. Even my apron is getting a good work-out, thanks to your blog!
    Here's to chapter 2....
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations! it becomes a dear milestone especially when you're a tech rookie like me...i know how laborious the whole thing can turn out to be...

    fabulous drool-worthy items!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna:
    Congratulation and happy anniversary to your blog. You should be very proud of yourself, doing so well from a rookie blogger to now one of Foodbuzz featured publisher! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyeux anniversaire !!! It is such a mouth watering pleasure to read your blog !! Thank you so much for sharing all these delicious recipes with us

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your anniversary and thank you for all your delicious recipes, gorgeous photos, and sharing your family recipes. You sure know how to keep this gal hungry! I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to get to know you through your blog and Foodnetwork, it's talented bloggers like you that inspire me and keep me coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paaka, T
    Thanks for your good wishes.

    Thoma,
    Thanks for your good wishes. It's nice to known I'm not the only tech rookie out there. Setting the blog into motion was initially so overwhelming, and there is still so much to learn. Now if I could only master facebook. Even though I have my own page I don't use it to its potential.

    Yin,
    I really appreciate all your good wishes and support. Your comment brought a smile to my face. Thanks

    Clairnette,
    Merci pour the souhaits. The pleasure is all mine when sharing recipes with new found friends.

    Hi Ava,
    Thanks for such warm wishes. On the contrary it's online friends like you that inspire. I will always treasure the way you welcomed me into the fold on the FN community site. Your generosity in providing feedback and support is truly appreciated.
    Now only one question remains when are we going to be able to celebrate the inauguration of your own blog? You have to seriously think about starting one. It would be such a success with your wonderful writing skills and personality.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dear friend Ann,
    Thanks so much for being there from day one;encouraging me on with your unrelenting support and suggestions when I was but a "babe in the woods" this whole blogging thing . I'm so glad that my recipe posts got you to finally take your aprons out of those mothballs, and put to good use. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the vote of confidence Anna, you're too kind. My own blog? Well, I'm a bit time challenged at the moment, not to mention photography challenged and with my ravenous crew my food is rarely pretty, it goes from table to mouth at lightening speed (yup teenagers!). Who knows, maybe one of these days...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated Blog Anniversary! Everything looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alisha thanks for your good wishes.

    ReplyDelete