Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Macadamia Mango Galettes




Once again, my friend's original oatmeal galette recipe saved the day. Why rack my brain and research a new recipe?  Summertime and the living is easy!  So I started to think of ways to adapt my old stand-by to reflect a more tropical flavor. To be honest, my favorite summer juice (mango-orange) became my inspiration and got the ball rolling. Nothing screams the tropics like mango, coconut and macadamia nuts. Why not be a bit more decadent and throw in some luscious white chocolate chips?


I hope you give this slightly sweeter version a try or simply check out my cranberry orange oatmeal cookies in the older recipe posts. *I doubled the recipe to make about 36 galettes.

Macadamia Mango Galettes

In a small bowl add
1 cup coarsely chopped dried mango 
1 cup mango orange juice
 Set aside to allow the fruit to rehydrate. Strain and  reserve the juice, about 1/2 cup will remain

In a large bowl combine:
2 cups all flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt


Add to the dry ingredients:
3 cups oats 
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup drained chopped mango pieces
With a wooden spoon mix to combine

In a separate bowl beat:
2 eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup canola oil
1 cup orange mango juice
1/2 cup milk


Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and mix to combine. Drop by spoonfuls on parchment lined baking trays and bake in a pre-heated 375º F oven for 12 minutes


   

No comments:

Post a Comment