Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Whole Wheat No Knead Bread



I know that some of you have been wondering about the possibility of adapting the original no knead bread recipe to whole wheat.  The answer is yes; as you can see from my finished product. Simply follow the recipe posted earlier but cut the amount of white flour in half, and add 11/2 cups of whole wheat flour.  The loaf  is then baked in a traditional loaf pan, at a slightly lower temperature.  I doubled the recipe;and baked the loaves at 475 degrees F. in two greased loaf pans. The results were better than expected. The bread freezes well and slices more easily, compared to other bread recipes.  It is great for sandwiches and of course toast.  Try making French toast, it is much more delicious than using store bought bread. Don't forget to drop me a line and let me know how your bread turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment